Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Supplements


Supplements
By: Tabitha Norvell  insuliteangel29@gmail.com

   Over the past 7 months I have taken a lot of different supplements trying to find the ones that worked best for my body and my PCOS. I found that some worked better then others did for me. I have had people ask me what I am taking and if I have been able to get pregnant yet.

 I want to clear some things up first before I answer those questions. My husband and I have not really been TTCing the last 7 months. Yes we have fun in the bedroom but it is not about trying to make a baby. It has been about us, strengthening our relationship and getting to know each other again. He used to work out of town all the time so we really did not get to see each other or do anything together. Now that he has a new job we are learning what it is about each other that we truly love. We are growing together as a couple just the two of us with out taking care of someone else's kids (which we have spent a lot of our relationship doing, and we do not regret that at ALL and will become foster parents again here in the near future) and with him being home more. I have been concentrating on getting my PCOS on track as well as losing weight and becoming healthier then I am. So our journey was not about having a baby right this minute it was getting our bodies healthy enough to have a baby down the road. So there is a lot that needs to be taken into consideration when you think about my TTC/PCOS journey.

 Not everything that I am taking or have taken in the past is going to work for every woman who has PCOS. What I take is something that works for me, for my body, and for my PCOS. I want to share what works for me in hopes that what I have found might work for somebody else. I want to help all of you that are on a PCOS journey right now and might need suggestions or other possibilities that might work for you that the doctors may not tell you about. Today I am going to share with you what I have taken, and what I am taking now. What I have my husband on and what is working for him.

 To give you a little back ground my hubby has had multiple surgeries through out his life and has a low sperm count. We have struggled with this as well as my PCOS to try to have a baby. We tried for 6 years and decided it was time to make ourselves healthy first and then try again. Still having fun in the bedroom, but not stressing out about taking temps or opks or anything else like that.

 So here is what I am taking everyday and it works for me. I get my periods on time every month. The few times that I have seen the doctor to verify that I am ovulating the tests have shown that I am ovulating. Please keep in mind that this may not work for everyone:
Per Day:

1350 mg of Holy Basil (3 pills)
5000 IU Vitamin D3 (1 pill)
6000 MG CLA ( 2 pills 2x a day)
500 MCG Chromium Picolinate (1 pill)
1500 MG Evening Primrose Oil (1 pill every other day and 2 pills on the other days)
2000 MG L-Taurine ( 2 pills)
4000 MG Insotitol ( 2 pills 2x a day)
10,000 MCG Biotin (1 pill)
2000 MG Acetyl L- Carnitine (1 pill 4x a day)
100 MG 5HTP (1 pill)
Magnesium (2 pills per day, I dont know the exact MG because I am currently out of them until tomorrow)
Vitamin C (2 chewy tablets, I am unsure of the exact MG because I am currently out of them until tomorrow)
1000 MG Calcium ( 2 gummies)
800 MG Folic Acid ( I get 400MG from my Womans Daily Vitamin and 400mg from my B Complex)
Vita Fusion B Complex ( 1 Gummie)
1500 MG Royal Jelly (3 pills)
Adrenalize (1 pill 2x a day for weight loss and energy)
Tone ( 2 pills 2x a day for Omega 3's and weight loss)
Prebiotic Fiber Pills ( 5 chewy tablets)
Woman's Daily Vitamin (1 pill)

 Those are all the supplements that I am on. So far I have lost 17 pounds and feel better then I ever have. I do not have the anxiety, mood swings, depression or anything of the other issues that come with PCOS as long as I take these everyday. I find that if I miss a day I am ok for the most part but a little bit of the anxiety kicks in. I am enjoying life again and remembering what it is to truly live your life with your partner.

  I will write another blog tomorrow that explains what my husband is taking.

 As of right now I do not know if I am pregnant. The signs are there that say yes I am, but as anyone with PCOS knows it is not something to get your hopes up over until you know for sure. This seems to be the year that many women are beating PCOS and finally getting pregnant. I am hoping that I can say I am one of those, but if not that is ok, at least I know I am on the road to becoming healthier and when it is my turn I will have a healthy body to grow the precious miracle in :)

Thank you,
Tabitha

No comments:

Post a Comment