Monday, October 29, 2012

Why I chose Naturopathic Medicines for my PCOS

 I have a lot of women ask me why I chose to go the natural route rather than stick with traditional medicines and doctors. This was a personal choice for me, I had seen many MD's in my PCOS journey who would tell me there was nothing that they could do other than having surgery or taking birth control pills.

 I tried it all. I have had cysts removed off my ovaries, I have tried almost every kind of birth control and all it did for me was make me gain weight. This was not an option for me any more. I was pushing 300 lbs and decided to take my life back. I chose to do the research speak with a naturopathic doctor and see what she had to say about supplements and natural medicine.

 When my doctor told me what she recommended I automatically did my own research. Between me and a close friend we have found information that supports both sides of each of the supplements that I am currently taking. We spent hours upon hours doing research to make sure that what we were about to take would actually benefit the issues that we were dealing with. Yes I said we, there are a lot of the supplements that I am taking that my close friend is also taking. We have found that there are a lot of things that help us both out. We both have PCOS, we are both overweight to the extreme sense of the word and we have both dealt with regular doctors and decided to take things into our own hands.

 This decision was not something that I chose to do lightly. Like I said I did research and more research on what a naturopathic doctor had to do in order to get licensed as a doctor, I did research on each of the supplements before taking them, I made sure that I had all the knowledge that I needed good and bad in order to make an educational decision for me.

This has to be a decision that you make for yourself. I am not here to push natural supplements on anybody. I will support you no matter what decision you decide is right for you. All I want to do is share the information and knowledge that I have gained with those that want to hear it.

Lots of love and support to you all!!!
Tabitha

No comments:

Post a Comment