Monday, February 11, 2013

Ovulation without A period

Ovulation without a Period
By:Tabitha Norvell   Insuliteangel29@gmail.com

  I have always wondered if it were possible to ovulate with out having a period. I always had the signs of ovulation but then my periods were few and far between. I decided it was time to do some research. This is what I found:

http://americanpregnancy.org/gettingpregnant/ovulationfaq.htm
  States that :

Since a woman releases an egg 12-16 days before her expected period, it is possible for women to get pregnant without having periods. Women who are not menstruating due to a certain condition (i.e.…low body weight, breastfeeding, perimenopause) risk the chance of ovulating at any point. For those who want to conceive, the lack of periods could make it more difficult to know the timing of ovulation if you are not charting temperature and cervical fluid changes. But if you are not having periods and wanting to prevent pregnancy, a form of contraception should be used since there is no way to know when ovulation will occur.

After reading this it gave me a sense of comfort knowing that even though you are not having your period there is a possibility that you are ovulating. This does not mean that every woman does ovulate without a period, but some of us do. I have been tested for ovulation and have found that I do ovulate on my own even without having my periods. Its really hard to track, and its time consistent. But there is hope.


I will be doing more research on this to see what else I can find.

Just thought I would share this little bit of information with you :)

Thank you.
Tabitha

No comments:

Post a Comment