Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Finding the strength and the energy

By: Tabitha Norvell   Insuliteangel28@gmail.com


 Having PCOS has a tendency to pull the life out of us everyday. How do you find the strength and the energy to move forward, take care of the things that need to be done everyday, and make sure that your family is taken care of? These are questions that I deal with everyday.

 For me it was all about a change in supplements and a change of attitude. If I feel tired and just dont want to do anything I make myself get up and do something. Even if its just vacuuming the floor or doing the dishes. Once I tell myself "ok I have to do something even if its something little" I find that I am not thinking about not having the energy to do it, I start thinking about the things that I need to get done and find that I just keep moving forward. An hour or two later I sit down to catch my breath and take a break and realize that 90 percent of what needed to get done is done. I feel better and know that I have accomplished something. It is not always that easy to do the mind over matter thing, it takes a change in diet and supplements as well.

Losing weight with PCOS is also a huge thing that drains the energy away from your body, I have found what works for me and is helping me lose the weight slowly and healthy. Each of us has to find what works for each one of us and use it to our advantage. For me it was eating things that made me feel good, when it came to the foods that I crave I sit down before I eat them and I ask myself, "is this really what I want? How is it going to make me feel after I eat it? Is it really what my body is craving, or does it just sound good because its something that I really shouldnt have?". Once I have answered these questions I decide what it is I really want. Then I make the right choice and move forward. I want to feel good, not crappy. So I try to stay away from all of the bad stuff and keep myself healthy and happy!

Best of wishes and warm thoughts to all of you!

Thank you,
Tabitha

No comments:

Post a Comment